ASPARAGUS WITH TOMATO & BACON RECIPES
INGREDIENTS FOR ASPARAGUS WITH TOMATO & BACON:
- 350 g/12 oz fresh asparagus spears
- four x 115 g/4 oz lean back a bacon
rashers or 4 thin slices Parma ham
- 4 medium tomatoes
Asparagus with Tomato & Bacon Recipes
DIRECTION FOR ASPARAGUS WITH TOMATO & BACON RECIPES:
1.Trim off the woody part of the asparagus stems and discard,
Using a vegetable peeler, peel the spears in a downward action to remove any other woody parts
2. Bring a large frying pan half filed with water to the boil (or use a steamer),
Add the r asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until tender, Drain and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the grill and line the grillrack with foil ,
Put the bacon rashers on the foil line grill rack, Cut the tomatoes in half
and place these on the gr rack Grill for 4-5 minutes, or untiI the bacon is crisp, Turn the
bacon over halfway through cooking, if using Parma ham, there is no need to cook it.
4. Divide the asparagus, bacon and tomatoes between four plates.
To serve, sprinkle the tomatoes with pepper, to taste.